From the 1st January 2010, the management of the Garajonay National Park corresponds exclusively to the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands:
- ROYAL DECREE 1550/2009, 9th October, about the expansion of the functions and services of the State Administration transferred to the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands, in terms of the conservation of nature (National Parks of Teide, Timanfaya, Caldera de Taburiente and Garajonay). (BOE, No. 270 of 9th November 2009).
- Decree 226/2009, 3rd December, from the President, by which it is assigned to the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning the management of National Parks, transferred by Royal Decree 1550/2009 on 9th October.
- Declaration date: Law 3/81, 25th March.
- Modification: Law 62/2003, of 30th December, about fiscal, administrative, and social measures. (The TWENTY EIGHTH ADDITIONAL PROVISION modifies the fourth article of the law 3/81, on the peripheral protection Zone).
- Policy development: PRUG (Royal Decree 1531/86 of 30th May).