ERDF REGIONAL OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME
ERDF funds 2014-2020
The Canary Islands will have a total of EUR 1.037 million from the European Regional Fund (ERDF) to develop all the actions covered by the ERDF Canarias Operational Programme 2014-2020 (ERDF PO). To the European investment provided by the ERDF, it is for the Autonomous Community and the General Administration of the State to add, making the total financial amount eur 1.220 million.
These funds will mainly be earmarked for investments that improve and increase the competitiveness of the productive fabric of the Canarian economy by promoting factors such as innovation, the information society and the internationalization of the economy; to improve the quality of life of the Canarian population, with a particular impact on the process of social cohesion through job creation, improved educational levels and lowering the rate.
The Canary Islands Development Strategy 2014-2020 establishes as a global objective the promotion of the sustainable development of the autonomous community, seeking the consolidation of a competitive economy that creates employment in a sustained way, being respectful with the environment and the natural values of the island territory and allowing to increase the social and territorial cohesion of the archipelago, the quality of life of its citizens and the real convergence with the European Union. For achievement.
- Increase the competitiveness of the productive fabric of the Canarian economy by promoting determinants of economic growth, such as innovation and the information society and the internationalization of the Canarian economy.
- Improfiting the endowment and quality in the network of transport infrastructures that interconnect the islands and the archipelago with other Community and international territories.
- Optimizing the supply of basic natural resources for the system
- Improve the quality of life of the Canarian population, with special impact on the process of social cohesion through job creation, improvement of educational levels and reduction of the poverty rate
- Reducing and alleviating the cost overruns arising from the situation of the RUP region.
The PO FEDER Canarias 2014-2020, is articulated around 9 Thematic Objectives (Priority Axes) and 14 Investment Priorities, without having the Technical Assistance Axis and the EJE RUP.
The actions selected in the field of the PO FEDER Canarias 2014-2020 and dependent on the Directorate General of Planning of the Territory, Ecological Transition and Waters are part of Priority Axis 6, "Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency", in particular Investment Priority 6b, "Investment in the water sector to meet the requirements of the Union's environmental acquis and to respond to the investment needs detected member states that go beyond these requirements":
- Puerto Naos and El Remo Sanitation Syst-LP
- Salda Water Desalination Station (S.W.D.S) Enhancement and Deputy Submary Emissary of Valle Gran Rey-GM
- Expansion of Sanitation and Wastewater Treatment Station (W.T.S.) of Playa Blanca-LZ.
In the current period, it also emphasizes that the Vice-Council of the Environment of the Government of the Canary Islands will act as the Environmental Authority of the ERDF PO, being a member for this reason in turn of the Monitoring Committee.
Salda Water Desalination Station (S.W.D.S) Enhancement and Deputy Submary Emissary of Valle Gran Rey-GM.Code:GM-453-8-CM