The area of public use of the Garajonay National Park uses the interpretation of Heritage and Environmental Education to ensure that the island's population and the people who visit us have a greater knowledge and appreciation of the natural and cultural values of the Park and of the island. The recipients of our interpretive and educational work are very varied: school children, teachers, mothers and parents of students, local population, groups of disabled, neighbourhood associations, collectives of hikers, visitors of all kinds.
The Garajonay National Park offers different types of activities, free of charge and with prior reservation:
- Service of guided tours for organized groups (groups, associations, institutions). The routes can be done every day of the week, except Sunday. When requesting the activity, several data about the group will be requested to the applicant, such as the purpose of the visit, the number of people and the estimated time they want to dedicate to the Park. These data are important for providing advice and information about the option that best suits the needs and characteristics of the group.
- The guided tours for the general public, of low difficulty and suitable for all ages, are done every Friday of the year except in the months of July, August and September. In these months, the tours are organized on Wednesday. The groups are small, without exceeding 20 people per guide. The itinerary of the tour is decided on the same day of the route, depending on the group and on the atmospheric conditions. To book it, click on http://www.reservasparquesnacionales.es/real/ParquesNac/index.aspx.
- Guided tours of the Visitors Centre of Juego de Bolas are available during all the days of the week, except Sundays, for organized groups (groups, associations, organizations, schools, etc. ). In order to ensure the quality of the visits, these are offered with a maximum of 20 people per group.
- The Environmental Education Program of the National Park of Garajonay is submitted to all the schools of La Gomera at the beginning of the school year, so that teachers include educational activities and guided tours for school children in the annual school programme. These can be carried out in the classroom of the school, in the Park and in the Environmental Workshop of El Cedro.
To do any of these routes, you should request it to park in any of the following two ways:
- By downloading the MODELO DE SOLICITUD (application form), which, once completed, should be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By calling the telephone number 922 80 12 29 of the offices of the Area for Public Use, located in the Visitors Centre of Juego de Bolas, from 09:00 to 4:30 p.m. (except on Saturdays and Sundays).